Silverberg Leadership Award
Celebrating great leadership
The Silverberg Leadership Award is presented annually to a school leader who has successfully impacted student achievement outcomes through a deep implementation of EL Education practices, inspiring teachers, administrative staff, and students to embrace EL Education culture and to lead students to a superior education, enhanced character development, and sense of civic responsibility.
The Silverberg Teacher Award recipient accepted their award and delivered a speech at What Matters Most, Moving Toward More Equitable Schools, the EL Education 2020 Virtual Summit on October 22.
For questions, please contact awards@ELeducation.org.
Educators nominated for the EL Education Silverberg Leadership Award:
- Unite staff, students, and the broader community around an inspirational vision of student success rooted in EL Education’s three dimensions of student achievement;
- Engage their school community in continuous improvement to fulfill the vision;
- Cultivate a professional culture among adults that parallels the empowering culture they foster for students;
- Build the leadership capacity of others and empower them to lead improvement across the school;
- Respect teachers and other staff members as creative agents and support them as professionals continually seeking to improve their craft; and
- Ensure high-quality instruction through adequate allocation of resources and supporting structures so that all students excel.
About the Award
The Silverberg Leadership Award is made possible by Irwin Silverberg, Treasurer of the EL Education Board of Directors.